We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
Head of Finance responsibilities include:
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and revenues
- Approving or rejecting budgets
- Conducting risk management
- Specific project work such as new premises/territories/expansions
Big Drop Brewing was the first brewing company to dedicate itself to alcohol-free beer. It has grown in 3 years from a 2-person start up selling a few hundred bottles a month to selling 1m bottles of beer in 2019. It has received over £1.9m in investment to date, as well as a multitude of internationally recognised brewing awards. It already sells in much of northern Europe and Canada.
It has just launched in Australia with a major supermarket and plans to open distribution in the US by the end of 2020.
Big Drop seeks a proactive, commercial-minded and experienced finance professional to assist it with its growth plans over the coming years.
Responsibilities will include performing basic finance functions such as payroll and managing sales/purchase ledgers but also creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies, preferably within the beer industry.
Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Maintain payroll and pension systems
- Process payment runs
- Maintain company bank accounts across 3 continents
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Consult board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Proven work experience as a Commercial Accountant, Head of Finance, or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in Xero accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- ACA/CIMA qualified
No agencies, please. Application deadline 8th July 2020.