Big Drop Brewing Co. is dedicated exclusively to making the finest 0.5% ABV beer.
Big Drop was launched in October 2016 by the-then City lawyer Rob Fink, along with his school-friend/band-mate, designer and entrepreneur, James Kindred.
The idea for a brewing business that only made alcohol-free beer was driven by their own lifestyle changes (eg fatherhood) and the frustration that there were no good alcohol-free beer options.
Along with renowned experimental brewer, Johnny Clayton (formerly of Wild Beer Co), they’ve perfected techniques to make alcohol-free craft beer without the need for artificial removal of alcohol. The result doesn’t compromise on taste and yet is no more than 0.5% ABV.
Big Drop doesn’t just use barley. It uses barley, rye, wheat and oats to give great flavour and aroma. And it doesn’t use just one type of each. Across its beers, it uses over 20 speciality grains. Its wide-range of beers includes Stout, Lager, Pale Ale, IPA, Brown Ale, Golden Ale, Winter Ale and a Sour. So there really is something for everybody.
World Beer Awards 2019
- The Brown Ale won World’s Best in the Dark Beer Low Strength category.
- The Citra won UK Bronze for full-strength Session IPA.
- The Pale Ale won UK Bronze for Pale Beer Low Strength.
European Beer Challenge 2019
- The Lager and Stout both won Double Golds.
Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival 2019
- The Stout won Gold, plus the overall title of Best in Show.
- The Brown Ale won a Bronze.
International Beer Challenge 2019
- The Brown Ale won Silver in the Lo/No category.
- The Stout won Bronze in the No/Lo category.
US Open Beer Championship 2019
- The Stout won Gold in the Non-alcoholic Stout category
- The Citra won Silver in the Non-alcoholic IPA category.
The International Brewing and Cider Awards 2019
- The Citra won the overall Champion’s trophy for the No and Low Alcohol Beer category.
- The Stout won Silver in the No and Low Alcohol category.
Casual Dining Show 2019
- The Citra was crowned ‘King of Craft’ at the show, which was dominated by full-strength beers.
BBC Food & Farming Awards 2018
- Big Drop was named one of three ‘Best Drinks Producers’.
World Beer Awards 2017
- The Pale Ale was named World’s Best Pale Beer (low strength)
- The Stout won UK Silver for flavoured Stout when judged against full-strength stouts and porters
International Beer Challenge 2017
- The Stout won a Gold Medal
The Society of Independent Brewers
- Big Drop Brewing received the Best Business Innovation award