Fallow is a sustainability-focused restaurant by Jack Croft and Will Murray. Fallow is the latest restaurant to take up residency at rotating pop restaurant 10 Heddon Street.
The COVID crisis has forced Fallow to prematurely shut so they are now crowdfunding to save Fallow and its amazing team. We hope to see their doors open very soon so please support.
Jack has kindly made us a recipe using our Paradiso Citra IPA. This one is perfect for those summer nights…
How to make Fallow Restaurant’s Nduja Creamed Mussels & Clams
- 2 slices of old bread – sourdough preferably
- 1kg Mussels and clams
- 65g Nduja – roughly broken up
- 1 Medium shallot – finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove – minced
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 1 can of Paradiso Citra IPA
- 50ml Single cream
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Chopped parsley
- Rinse your mussels and clams in cold water and remove the beards, rinse for 20 minutes
- In a medium frying pan melt 25g butter, rip up your old bread into rough 1 inch croutons and fry in the butter until crisp on the outside and slightly chewy still on the inside – add a little oil to the pan during cooking if it looks to dry
- Heat up a large pan and add 25g of unsalted butter to the pan when it begins to foam add the finely chopped shallot. Cook until translucent and just cooked.
- Mix in the nduja and cook for a few more minutes until the nduja starts to lightly caramelise
- In a separate pan place 1x 330ml can of Paradiso Citra IPA and reduce to 150ml then set aside
- Now add your minced garlic to the nduja and cook for 2 minutes
- Turn up the heat and add the drained mussels, clams, and reduced IPA. Place a lid on the pan and cook until the shellfish just opens.
- Remove the lid and add the cream, reduce until desired consistency is achieved finish with olive oil, chopped parsley and smoked paprika
- Place the croutons in the bowl, and spoon the mussels and clams over the top.
- Finally taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Then pour over and enjoy
- The croutons will give you little nuggets of joy at the bottom of the bowl, sucking up all the delicious juices