Jam Session Raspberry Gose
Spritely and refreshing with a nose of sour berries, rhubarb and raspberries. Flavour is lightly tart with under ripe berry and freshly harvested wheat all brought to a savoury finish of the sea salt.
The last minute addition of beer to this classic oyster accompaniment brings a little added frisson to it. It makes me giggle every time I eat it because it literally tickles the tastebuds!
Serves 4 (3 oysters each)
- 12 fresh oysters
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish, pounded to a paste in a pestle and mortar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Big DropxFyne Ales raspberry gose
- Crushed ice
- Shuck the oysters (carefully) and arrange on a serving plate covered in crushed ice, as you want to get this to the table as quickly as possible.
- Prepare all the ingredients and mix everything together thoroughly apart from the beer (keep that until the last minute).
- When you are ready to serve, mix in the beer and get it to the table as quickly as you can to preserve the light effervescence of the beer – that way you can enjoy the tingly oysters!
- Enjoy with the rest of the beer, served in champagne flutes.