#1. The United Kingdom
Big River Black IPA
Four Pure Brewing Co
Intense combination of two styles, the aroma is chocolate, a little coffee with a hint of oak woodiness and pineapple. Flavour is hop forward with just a hint of chocolate and roast coffee before a clean bitter finish.
Quick chocolate pots
- 100 g (7 oz) dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) FourpurexBig Drop Black IPA
- 100 ml (3 ½ fl oz/ scant ½ cup) double (heavy) cream
- 2 teaspoons basic olive oil
- Melt the chocolates, using a microwave, as, or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- While that is melting, put the beer and sugar in a small pan and heat until it just starts to bubble around the edges.
- Swirl the pan a few times but don’t let the beer boil.
- When the chocolate has melted, take it off the heat and add a small amount of the hot beer, beating with a rubber spatula until need to apply some elbow grease!
- Repeat until all the beer is used and you have a smooth, shiny paste.
- Add the cream and oil and beat until you get a smooth mixture. Pour into espresso cups or ramekins (custard cups). Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.